Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surprise!

Sometimes I wonder why I even set up a blog, because my postings are so very infrequent. But alas, there is yet inspiration; hence this cyber entry in what has otherwise been a near dormant online presence.

I had a breakthrough today! Indeed I experienced a miracle, which is that unanticipated and most-needed breakthrough. It came without warning. I was having a regular meeting with an old friend (read: it was my weekly psychotherapy session. No, I am not crazy. And yes, black people can and should take opportunities to improve mental health.) We met at our usual location (read: my psychotherapist's office) at the appointed time (i.e., Tuesdays at 2pm).

I had been having a relatively good week, so I figured the meeting would be fairly uneventful. That is, I was not particularly stressed out and I did not have any major decisions pending, which have been the topics of previous weeks. Because things were going well, I flirted with the idea of canceling the weekly meeting. Who needs help in the good times, right? I only really need to pray when the situation is less than perfect. But the "spirit" told me to go anyway. Not to mention, I needed an excuse to get out of the house because the "guerrilla monsoon" (think Talib Kweli) from the day before kept me inside for too many consecutive hours and I was getting cabin fever.

Long story short, I went and I could not have left happier. There was something waiting for me that day. No need to go into the details, but I had a breakthrough today. Some things became real clear for me. Talking it out was so helpful. I am a better person for yielding to the unknown of those 55 minutes. Yeah, I had a miracle, perhaps precisely because I was not expecting it.

1 comment:

Sankofa said...

The unexpected miracles are always the best kind.

(And yeah, some more posts would be great.) :0)